The definition of working remotely is working from a space other an office or physical location.
This generally applies to work done on a computer.
Remote work has grown rapidly in the last 15 years thanks primarily to software. Many remote work apps help you stay connected with your team such as for video conferencing, meeting management, project management, and chat.
Synonyms for Working Remotely
- Remote work
- Virtual work
- Working from home
Example of using working remotely in a sentence
Employees enjoy working remotely because it allows them to live anywhere they like.
Advantages of Working Remotely
- Flexible location
- Flexible hours
- Work from different cities/countries
- Ability to work for all sorts of organizations
- No office distractions
- Potentially No commuting
- Be able to wear comfortable clothes
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Customize your environment
Disadvantages of Working Remotely
- Isolation and loneliness
- Lack of variety in your day
- Difficulty getting enough movement or exercise
- Always communicating remotely
- Lack of food options other than your kitchen
- Unstable WiFi