Note any documents that need to be reviewed or activities that need to be completed before the workshop.
Focus on the customer’s actual experiences. Prioritize them in order of severity and choose one or two to focus on. Resist the desire to skip ahead to “fixing” until you have organized the problems you are going to solve.
It’s time to figure out how to solve the problem, design the flow, or develop the plan.
- The more ideas the better!
- Don’t worry about how feasible an idea is just yet. Expensive ideas may lead to other ideas that fit your resources
- Provide sketching materials. Encourage everyone to visualize the solution.
- If the group is large, break into smaller, cross-disciplinary teams and then report ideas back to the group.
Size & Prioritize
List your potential solutions in the following format --> Solution | Impact | Effort
- Rewrite all site copy | medium | medium
- Leverage API to automate enrollment | medium | large
Do we need to...
- Gather more evidence? (Can we understand the problem better?)
- Explore alternate solutions? (We loved these solutions but they’re too big. Let’s find a quicker fix to fit our timeline.)
- Research solution size in more detail? (We need more information to understand which solution actually requires less effort.)
Store topics and ideas that are out of scope or beyond reach for this workshop.